“Moulinex’s Hekayat El forn” Thousands vote online for its “Bake for a Cause” Campaign
The French household brand to donate money to the winning baker in support of a humanitarian cause
Dubai, UAE (December 1st, 2014) –Building on the successful launch of its digital video baking series, Hekayat El forn, Moulinex in collaboration with Diwanee Media Company, announced today the winner for its Corporate Social Responsibility campaign, Bake for a Cause. The campaign has received remarkable online audience engagement with over 10’000 votes from October 9th until November 30th 2014.
“Based on the baking talents of four women, the Bake for a Cause initiative was launched by Moulinex in order to encourage participants to deliver their best baking creations. The winning humanitarian foundation selected by Nabila Al Ameri from Oman will be awarded by Moulinex a financial prize” said Pauline Stephan, Marketing Director, Groupe SEB Middle East.
The ongoing third season of Hekayat el Forn had four bakers on board – Louloua Elazzah from Saudi Arabia, Hala Ayash from the UAE; Nabila Al Ameri from Oman; and Maya Kenaan from Lebanon. Each of the women was required to bake a dessert to support a non-profit organization (NGO) that is close to her heart.
The winner, Nabila Al Ameri from Oman opted for Dar Al Hanaan Association, a temporary home for children suffering from cancer. "I chose Dar Al Hannan for Moulinex's Bake for a Cause campaign because it caters to the needs of children suffering from cancer. When I stepped into the association with the cupcakes, I felt that the kids were overjoyed. Their smiling faces and wide-open eyes made me so happy."
The videos, which have attracted thousands of voters, have been broadcast online through the campaign's website Hekayat El Forn (www.hekayatelforn.com). Viewers were encouraged to look for a baker with a cause to which they can relate the most.
Pauline Stephan explained that all voters held a chance to win one of three Moulinex Masterchef Gourmet, a powerful kitchen machine that can whip eggs and butter, and knead a variety of dough. As seen throughout the videos, the four bakers used this versatile kitchen appliance to prepare their mouth-watering desserts, which included chocolate brownies, carrot cake, muffins, and vanilla cupcakes.
About Groupe SEB The world leader in small domestic equipment, Groupe SEB operates in nearly 150 countries with a unique portfolio of top brands marketed through multi-format retailing. Selling some 200 million products a year, it deploys a long-term strategy focused on innovation, international development, competitiveness and service to clients. Groupe SEB has more than 25,000 employees worldwide.
- Jean Mantelet created Moulinex in 1954.
- In 1956, he launched a coffee grinder, which was a big success, with one and half million products sold in one year only.
- Moulinex comes from words contraction of Moulin (Mill in English) and Express.
- In 1960 Moulinex launches its advertising TV slogan:” Moulinex liberates the woman”. The slogan was very famous as it emphasized on the deeper social role of the women starting from this time.Besides being a brand, Moulinex makes everyday life more dynamic with easy to use products with simple and obvious functions. The designs are audacious and joyful. The trends and flashy colors emphasize its visibility to consumers who are looking for novelty.
- La Moulinette: Historical product from Moulinex launched in the 60s, with more than 10 million units sold, La Moulinette used over generations have gone through several evolutions- the latest one being the Red ruby Moulinette. Even today, the use of the machine is same as the original model: simple pressure on the lid.
About Diwanee Media Company Diwanee Media Company is building one of the largest female audiences in the Middle East. Diwanee specializes in producing original premium content from editorial to videos, distributed through its portfolio of Arabic female sites, Yasmina.com, 3a2ilati.com, Mashaheeri.com, Atyabtabkha.com. In March 2014, Diwanee has been acquired by Webedia Paris-based digital publishing company.
See the services