Kibbeh bel siniyye with cheese
For 4 people
- Lean meat - 1 kg
- Fine bulgur soaked in lukewarm water for 30 minutes - 5 cups
- Thinly chopped onions - 2
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Dried mint - 1 teaspoon
- Allspice - 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil to grease the baking pan and brush the kibbeh - As needed
- Peeled almonds to garnish - ¼ cup
- To prepare the filling:
- Minced meat - 500 g
- Pine nuts - 3 tablespoons
- Thinly chopped onion - 1
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - To taste
- Grated mozzarella cheese - 2 cups
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Chop the meat using Moullinex’s La Moulinette Force chopper.
Mix the bulgur with onions, black pepper, cumin, cinnamon and peppermint.
Add the bulgur mixture to the meat and mix the ingredients until well combined.
To prepare the filling: in a medium pan, heat the oil and add the pine nuts. Toast 5 for minutes until golden.
Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the meat and season with salt and pepper while mixing.
Cook on medium heat until the meat is done then put aside to cool.
To prepare the kibbeh bil siniyye: flatten half of the meat paste in the bottom of a greased baking pan.
Spread the filling equally on the first layer of the kibbeh avoiding the edges.
Press the filling using a wooden spoon until layer is tight. Sprinkle with cheese.
Top with the rest of the kibbeh paste equally to completely cover the filling.
Brush the kibbeh with oil and cut it into triangles.
Garnish with peeled almonds then bake until golden brown.
See the services