Eggplant maqlouba with minced meat
For 6 people
- Lean beef - 250 g
- Large eggplants peeled in strips and cut into lengthwise slices - 2
- Oil to fry the eggplants - As needed
- Halved onion - 1
- Washed and soaked Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Roasted almonds - ¼ cup
- Roasted cashew nuts - ¼ cup
- Roasted pine nuts - ¼ cup
- Beef stock - 2 cups
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom - ½ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - ½ teaspoon
Fry the eggplant slices in hot oil then transfer them to paper towels to drain.
Mince the meat in the Moulinex HV6 Mince & Chop using the small grid.
Turn over the meat mincer and place the chopper. Thinly chop the onion.
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pot on medium heat and fry the onions until tender.
Add the meat and cook until done then season with black pepper, salt, cardamom and cinnamon.
Add the drained rice and mix then pour the meat stock. Cover the pot and leave to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes until the rice is done.
Place the fried eggplant slices in the bottom of a cake pan.
Add half of the meat and rice mixture then cover it with roasted nuts. Press the rest of the meat and rice mixture on top. Put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and flip it on the serving dish. Serve hot.
See the services